Wiki 24-48 Holter Billing

LMOuellette

Networker
Best answers
Hello,
New to cardio billing. Can someone help me with this. If I am reading book correctly same code 93224 is used for both 24 & 48 hr. Also, I am understanding from book that the 93224 includes the disconnection. Can someone confirm I am doing correctly. Thank you in advance.

Hi,
Common Language Description
Electrocardiographic (ECG) rhythm-derived data is gathered for up to 48 hours of monitoring as the patient goes about regular daily activity while wearing an external ECG recording device, also called a Holter monitor. Electrodes or leads are placed on the patient's chest, and the patient is instructed on the use of the monitor. The recording device makes continuous, original ECG wave recordings for a 12 to 48 hour period. The recordings are captured on magnetic tape or digitized medium to be reviewed later. At the end of the recording period, the patient returns to the office with the device. Stored data derived from the continuous recordings of the electrical activity of the heart include heart rhythm and rate, ST analysis, variability in heart rate and T-wave alternans. Visual superimposition scanning is performed to give a 'page review' of the entire recording, identifying different ECG waveforms with selective samples of rhythm strips. A report is made after analysis of the scanning, and the physician or other qualified health care professional reviews and interprets the data for heart arrhythmias. Report 93224 for the complete procedure, including recording, scanning with report, review and interpretation. Report 93225 for the recording portion only, which includes connection, recording, and disconnection. Report 93226 for analysis of the scanning with report only. Report 93227 for the review and interpretation only.