Wiki 26860

ASC CODER

True Blue
Best answers
His previous laceration was opened, and deeper dissection was undertaken. The middle phalanx was debrided using a rongeur back to healthy bone. The proximal phalanx head significant comminution, including several longitudinal fractures. This was debrided as best as possible, back to a stable bone construct. 0.045 inch K wires were then used in a crossed fashion to construct the arthrodesis. Adequacy of pin placement, pin length, bone opposition, and in the PA and lateral planes. Tourniquet was then released. The wound was irrigated. The joint capsule and extensor tendon were closed using figure-of-eight 4-0 Vicryl sutures

I am having trouble with the dx..Right small proximal interphalangeal joint comminuted intra-articular injury
doc has 883.1.......

wouldn't it be 816.11?

His previous laceration was opened, and deeper dissection was undertaken. The middle phalanx was debrided using a rongeur back to healthy bone. The proximal phalanx head significant comminution, including several longitudinal fractures. This was debrided as best as possible, back to a stable bone construct. 0.045 inch K wires were then used in a crossed fashion to construct the arthrodesis. Adequacy of pin placement, pin length, bone opposition, and in the PA and lateral planes. Tourniquet was then released. The wound was irrigated. The joint capsule and extensor tendon were closed using figure-of-eight 4-0 Vicryl sutures

I am having trouble with the dx..Right small proximal interphalangeal joint comminuted intra-articular injury
doc has 883.1.......

wouldn't it be 816.11?

883.1 is for open wound of the finger and doesn't mention the fracture. But if the wound was re-opened for fracture repair, then it's an ORIF. Is this an open fracture? The note doesn't say open or closed so I'd double check with the doc. But your options would be 816.11 or 816.01