Wiki 27427 for MPFL pants-over-vest repair?

Orthocoderpgu

True Blue
Best answers
I'm wondering if this is the correct code for a MPFL pants over vest repair. "Made an incision over the medial patella. Blunt dissection was taken (down to) MPFL. I did a pants-over-vest repair using vicryl suture with three sutures placed trying not to over-tighten..."

Patient has recurrent patella dislocations.

My doc is submitting this pants-over-vest procedure with code 27427. Not confident that this is the correct code.

Any ideas?

HI!

Did you ever find out the code to use for this?

I have the same situation, arthroscopic MPFL imbrication and we are trying to figure out the comparator CPT code.

I don't feel comfortable using the 27427 (Repair, primary, torn ligament and/or capsule, knee; collateral) since this is alot more work.

Maybe;
27405 - Repair, primary, torn ligament and/or capsule, knee; collateral (since this is just a ligament repair)
29888 - Arthroscopically aided anterior cruciate ligament repair/augmentation or reconstruction

thank you!

Yes, I did. Code 27427 is for replacing the tendon with a graft. Usually two holes are drilled where the graft will be placed and anchored down. For "Pants over vest", that fits 27405 best. Think if 27427 as a horizontal 29888 as the tendon is also replaced in 29888, not just "fixed".