Wiki 28118 with 27654 59?

ASC CODER

True Blue
Best answers
:confused:I have a procedure were the docs postop diagnosis is Achilles tendinitis and calcaneal spur. I know that if they remove the achilles to get to the spur it is incidental. but she was seen for Achilles tendinitis in the past. the doc had to do debridement of partial thickness when he removed the spur and re attached the achilles. Would that allow me to bill 27654 with 59 and tendinitis dx?

:confused:I have a procedure were the docs postop diagnosis is Achilles tendinitis and calcaneal spur. I know that if they remove the achilles to get to the spur it is incidental. but she was seen for Achilles tendinitis in the past. the doc had to do debridement of partial thickness when he removed the spur and re attached the achilles. Would that allow me to bill 27654 with 59 and tendinitis dx?
Have you billed the 28118 and 27654 recently together? We have optima now denying our claims for diagnosis with this but i am wondering if the probem is the haglund being bundled into achilles repair. thanks i know this is old but still a good conversation.