Wiki 31610? does this qualify?

Was a permanent stoma being created, tiaralady? Without the full op note and what surrounds the trach, I cannot tell.

This is the supercoder lay description for 31610
When the patient is appropriately prepped and anesthetized, the provider creates a horizontal neck incision through the muscles to expose the tough cartilage rings that make up the outer wall of the trachea. She then creates an opening into the trachea for insertion of a tracheostomy tube. She sutures the skin flaps to the tissue layers to create a permanent stoma, an opening in the neck.

Was a permanent stoma being created, tiaralady? Without the full op note and what surrounds the trach, I cannot tell.

This is the supercoder lay description for 31610
When the patient is appropriately prepped and anesthetized, the provider creates a horizontal neck incision through the muscles to expose the tough cartilage rings that make up the outer wall of the trachea. She then creates an opening into the trachea for insertion of a tracheostomy tube. She sutures the skin flaps to the tissue layers to create a permanent stoma, an opening in the neck.
thank you Barbara I am enclosing the op note mythoughts are 20100 37615, 43191, 43752, 31610