Wiki 36247 Unbundled

sorcha48

Networker
Best answers
I am not a IR coder by vocation. I am auditing claims for services provided.

I am looking at a bill that has 36247 with 36245-59.

I looked online and it appears 36245 can not be there when 36247 is.

The procedure was an Transarterial chemoembolization of left hepatic lobe tumor. Here is what I have in the surgery notes.

The findings indicated: The left hepatic artery branch vessel selected.
Impression: Successful transarterial chemoemoblization from second order branch of a replaced left hepatic artery.

Before I send back the claim, can anyone tell me whether 36245-59 should be on the claim?

The procedure was an Transarterial chemoembolization of left hepatic lobe tumor. Here is what I have in the surgery notes.

Impression: Successful transarterial chemoemoblization from second order branch of a replaced left hepatic artery.

Before I send back the claim, can anyone tell me whether 36245-59 should be on the claim?
If that was the only catheter placement I only see that 36247 should be billed.

correct catheterization code for this documentation is only CPT 36247

The only way you could have a 36245-59 is if a different vascular family was selected, i.e SMA or IMA was selected. As to what you have posted, you can only code 36247.