Wiki 37195-006 Help

bill2doc

Expert
Best answers
Not sure anyone can help but I Rec'd this code for Thrombolysis, Cerebral by intravenous infusion. Not sure what the 006 is for and where the placement of that 006 belongs. I am billing for professional services, could this be UB04???

Thanks

PS was told the reimbursement was higher if I used this code.

Not sure anyone can help but I Rec'd this code for Thrombolysis, Cerebral by intravenous infusion. Not sure what the 006 is for and where the placement of that 006 belongs. I am billing for professional services, could this be UB04???

Thanks

PS was told the reimbursement was higher if I used this code.

Bill2doc,

I do believe the 006 is meant to be an ICD-9 Vol 3 procedural code, which consist of 4 digits (ie. 00.61) These codes are found in the ICD-9 Hospital Expert Edition. Vol 3 procedure codes have been adopted for inpatient procedures reported by hospitals. They offer additional information to the principal diagnoses. So to answer your question, yes these codes are submitted for hospitals on the UB-04. Being that you are billing on the professional side, my guess would be your ICD-9 is only Vol 1-2 and I dont think you are required to submit these codes along with the Vol 1 dx codes on your 1500 claim form.

Just an fyi...regarding the 006 that was mentioned,there should be a 4th digit.Who suggested reporting the 006, another physician's office? However, the 37195 CPT does not match with a Vol 3 procedure code 006. I would say 99.10 would be more appropriate in this case, which is defined as injection or infusion of thrombolytic agent.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
CSwift CPC, CPC-H

Thank you for the info. I do not know ANYTHING about hospital billing. I'm not even know what the 99.10 is as all the codes I have billed are XXX.X or XXX.XX fourth and fifth digits. It was another physician that suggested billing this way as the reimbursement was twice as high. Im not sure I could even bill for any of the XX. codes.

Thank you again!