Wiki 3D ultrasound- 76375

nclawson

New
Best answers
I am writing asking for help/guidance... Can anyone tell me where I can find documentation on specific information on 3D ultrasounds, code 76375. My question is can you bill a 3D ultrasound with just the -TC modifier. We have a radiologist that doesn't want to read the 3D portion but the technician uses the 3D ultrasound for better accuracy in the pictures he/she is getting. Can anyone tell me if this can be done and where I could find information on this? Thank you!!

:eek:

76375 Is No Longer Active 76376 Took Its Place And In Order To Use This Code You Have To Bill The Primary Procedure As Its Not A Stand Alone Code. When Billing Medicare You Have To Bill It With A 59 Modifier. The Code Is Listed In The Cpt Book With Special Guidelines As Well As On Encoder Pro...hope This Helps! I Work For A Radiologist And We Dont' Use It For Ulstrasound Only Ct's

Amber

reply to 76376

My apologies I did not double check that code, yes I am questioning the 3d unltrasounds (76376) when done with another ultrasound procedure. We use the 3d for the tech to get a better picture, yet the radiologist doesn't use or see the 3d portion. I am wondering if we can add the modifier -TC to show just the technical portion of the test was rendered?

you should be able to use the tc modifier it does list tc as an elibigle modifier. when we billed seperately for professional and technical components we used teh tc modifer and received payment. as long as you have films to document that it was done there shouldn't be a problem