Wiki 46320 VS 46255? Help!

l1ttle_0ne

Guru
Best answers
I'm trying to get some other opinions on this hemorrhoid surgery. I can't really decide between the two codes. If someone could please give their opinion of this it would be greatly appreciated!! I'm starting to confuse myself!

PREOP DX: Thrombosed external hemorrhoid

POSTOP DX: same

SURGEON:

PROCEDURE: Hemorrhoidectomy

FINDINGS: The left lateral hemorrhoid was thromobosed and it and the enlarged internal component were excised with an elliptical incision.

OPERATION IN DETAIL: The patient was taken to the operating room and underwent general anesthesia. Patient was sterilely prepped and draped in the high lithotomy position. Perianal block was performed by injecting 10ml local anesthetic in the intersphincteric groove both right and left lateral.

The hemorrhoid was then grasped by its apex. The skin and mucosa were excised in an elliptical manner using a scalpel. Using electrocautery, the internal sphincter muscle was carefully cleared from the mucosa. The base of the hemorrhoid was then sutured ligated with a 2-0 chromic suture. This suture was then ran to the dentate line. Hemostasis was excellent