Wiki 5010 Project

katmarbar

Contributor
Best answers
Good Afternoon,

I am involved in a project where we are testing our software for 5010 compliancy. I have the information on the changes in loops and segments and we are aware of what is obselete and what has been added. This being said, some information has gotten to us through the grapevine; such as, providers will no longer be able to submit the 5010 files with a P.O. box. This is my first step in getting some type of information in regards to exactly what changes, other than the loops and segments, that will affect our claims submissions. We are planning on testing with Palmetto on August 24th, 2011 and have several other tests set up with our larger payers including requesting a date from Medi-Cal. If you would be so kind as to provide me with any links or resources you may have it would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Katie Barrett CPC

The biller provider field must be your provider not a billing company and the billing provider address must be a street address not a PO Box. If you want your payments to go a PO Box you should have a pay to provider field and that is where you will but a PO box or lock box address.