Wiki 52005 or 52332?

toria11

Guru
Best answers
I'm leaning towards 52005 since this is what I normally use when my physicians place ureteral catheters for surgery, but since he mentions he placed stents I'm questioning this. Thanks!

PREOPERATIVE DIAGNOSIS:
Diverticulitis.

PROCEDURE PERFORMED:
1. Cystoscopy.
2. Bilateral renal stent placement.

FINDINGS:
1. Successful bilateral stent placement.
2. Difficulty in passing the left ureteral stent with resistance met distal ureter.

HISTORY OF PRESENT ILLNESS:
74-year-old female with history of diverticulitis. Urology requested to place bilateral stents for colorectal procedure

DESCRIPTION OF PROCEDURE:
After proper informed consent was obtained,
the patient was brought to the operating room and laid supine on the operating table. The patient was placed under general anesthesia. The patient placed in lithotomy position, prepped and draped in standard sterile fashion. After proper time-out was completed, the rigid cystoscope was inserted through the urethra into the bladder. Urethra mucosa was within normal limits without any abnormalities or lesions identified. Upon entering the bladder, bilateral ureteral orifices were identified. The bladder was inspected without any abnormalities noted throughout.

The right ureteral stent was successfully placed up without any difficulty. On the left side, there was some resistance met at the distal left ureter. Unable to pass the stent all the way up. At this point, an open ended ureteral catheter with a Glidewire was then used to navigate up the left collecting system and it was successfully passed into the proximal ureter and the open-ended ureteral catheter was advanced over this wire and blast into the proximal ureter. After successful placement of the stent, the patient's bladder was emptied and the scope was removed. The patient tolerated the procedure well with no complications. A Foley catheter was placed.