Wiki 57105

Korbc

Guru
Best answers
If vaginal mucosa was removed but not sent for biopsy can I still use this code? Perhaps use is with reduced services modifier?

Thanks!

If vaginal mucosa was removed but not sent for biopsy can I still use this code? Perhaps use is with reduced services modifier?

Thanks!
A more complete description of what was done and the reason for it would be appreciated. This particular CPT code requires suturing to close so it is not a quick biopsy and it begs the question as to why the specimen was not sent to pathology for an interpretation.

A more complete description of what was done and the reason for it would be appreciated. This particular CPT code requires suturing to close so it is not a quick biopsy and it begs the question as to why the specimen was not sent to pathology for an interpretation.
I'm on maternity leave right now so I can't send you the full report but sutures were required. I know it involved granulation tissue as well and that that's unlisted procedure but she did say removal of vaginal mucousa specifically. I'm not quite sure why it wasn't sent to pathology 🙂