Wiki 59515 delivery and pp care

lsilbaugh

Contributor
Best answers
One of our providers recently left our office, so all the patients were transferred to the other providers in the practice. Since these providers are in different facilities, I am wondering if I should bill antepartum visits for all the patients, and then bill delivery and postpartum follow-up services only for those who actually deliver with us. Can you please advise? Hopefully this is clear :)

One of our providers recently left our office, so all the patients were transferred to the other providers in the practice. Since these providers are in different facilities, I am wondering if I should bill antepartum visits for all the patients, and then bill delivery and postpartum follow-up services only for those who actually deliver with us. Can you please advise? Hopefully this is clear :)
If these physicians are all billing under the same Tax ID, you bill globally no matter where the patient was actually seen. It is transfer of care within your practice, not a transfer of care from an unaffiliated practice.