Wiki 64719 and 25270?

codedog

True Blue
Best answers
stuck on this procedure thinking it is 64719 and 25270 ,am I right ?The reason why I
question it is because when I read the procedurei n the book it says nothing about anchors,which this doctor used, am I going in the right direction ?

POSTOPERATIVE DIAGNOSES: Left wrist pain, extensor carpi ulnaris tendinosis, and neuritis of dorsal sensory ulnar nerve with apparent partial tear of the extensor carpi ulnaris insertion.
OPERATION: Neurolysis of the dorsal sensory ulnar nerve, debridement with primary repair of extensor carpi ulnaris tendon using Biomet JuggerKnot anchors.

ANESTHESIA: General.
COMPLICATIONS: None.
PROCEDURE:
female with persistent left wrist pain following traumatic injury. She failed all conservative modalities and it was decided to perform an exploration with neurolysis and evaluation of her extensor carpi ulnaris tendon with points of maximum tenderness on her clinical exam. Her site was marked. Preoperative antibiotics were given. She was brought to the operating suite. Bier block was performed. A time-out was called prior to the incision. Her dorsal ulnar nerve was identified and the point of maximum tenderness was marked preoperatively. Longitudinal incision was made. The dorsal sensory ulnar nerve was identified. It did appear to have some adhesions on the ulnar most aspect of the nerve and is dissected free circumferentially with loupe magnification and tenotomy scissors. Gently retracted revealing the extensor carpi ulnaris tendon. The sheath was opened up and the tendon was retracted to its insertion into bone where it appeared to have some granulation tissue and apparent partial tear. The site was further delineated and cleared away of any soft tissue using a curette. A JuggerKnot Biomet suture anchor was placed, after it was drilled and placed and the sutures _____ through the free edge of the extensor carpi ulnaris tendon and tied down with alternating half hitches. Sutures _____ were cut with a good quality of hair. There appeared to be no other abnormalities of her tendonous structures or the bone.

Wound was irrigated with sterile normal saline and closed with a 3-0 Vicryl suture and 4-0 nylon suture. Soft dressings were applied. The patient tolerated the procedure well. The instrument, sponge, and needle counts were all correct. There were no complications.