Wiki 66761-LT denial

leren44

Best answers
I've received a denial from an insurer for 66761-LT stating it was within the global period of another procedure. Exactly 7 days prior we billed for 66761-RT. Am I correct in thinking the 66761-LT wouldn't be included with 66761-RT since it is a separate procedure done on a different site of the body? I've already contacted the payer to get the claim sent back for reopening due to the LT modifier but they insist the claim was processed correctly.

Thanks for any feed back:)

I've received a denial from an insurer for 66761-LT stating it was within the global period of another procedure. Exactly 7 days prior we billed for 66761-RT. Am I correct in thinking the 66761-LT wouldn't be included with 66761-RT since it is a separate procedure done on a different site of the body? I've already contacted the payer to get the claim sent back for reopening due to the LT modifier but they insist the claim was processed correctly.

Thanks for any feed back:)

I actually agree with their denial. Even though you used the laterality modifiers on both claims, you'll still need the non-global modifier on the second claim...mod 79, since these are unrelated procedures.

HTH!