Wiki 75746 for nonselective right atrium imaging?

jtuominen

Guru
Best answers
Hi there--

Our IR Department just did a bilateral extremity venogram on a patient to confirm the results of a surgical removal of a leiomyoma from the IVC and Right Atrium. (common femoral vein puncture site, they then began the procedure by checking the illiac venous system, then moved upward with final cath placement in the IVC to study the IVC and right atrium) What do you think about coding 75746 (angiography, pulmonary,by nonselective catheter or venous injection) for the nonselective imaging of the right atrium? I am not completely sold, but I'm not sure what other code may be better a fit. Any other ideas if you don't agree with 75746?

Thanks!

Hi,
Angiograms are for the aorta and arteries. A Venogram of the IVC may be what you're looking for. Code 75825 and 36010 may work.

Eh! I have been chewing this one all weekend, and I think you are right, I don't see a case for billing 75746 for the RA imaging. Since we are already coding 75825 for the IVC gram and as far as the dictation reads the RA imaging was nonselective from the IVC, this may be as far as we can code this one out. Thanks for the support!