Wiki 76998

SueLis

Networker
Best answers
We started billing suction D&C in our office w/anesthesia and we are using 76998 intraoperative guidance with our procedures. Do you need to have documentation of report or just pictures for the 76998?

I am new to OBGYN. In our reports, it's always documented; without documentation, we don't bill for 76998. I should ask my fellow- coders about the image.

We have reports and pictures for all our other ultrasounds, but this one is done during the procedure just to make sure everything is cleared and 76998 is documented that it was done in surgical report, but the doc's are not saving pictures or doing a separate report. Our doctors state when they are at the hospital they do not do separate report or save pictures. I just want to make sure.

Hi, I would code this if mentioned in the op report. As far as I know there would not be a separate report, not photos as it is just for guidance.

Thanks, that's what I was thinking also because it is guidance. I wanted to see what other offices were doing to make sure we are billing correctly. Thank you so much for your input!!!