Wiki 78012 ADI accreditation

mmagness

Networker
Best answers
I'm looking for information regarding CPT 78012 Thyroid uptake (new code for 2013). In 2012 the code for the thyroid uptake was 78000 and in 2012 it did require ADI accreditation according to the May 2012 CMS list. In researching the new code 78012 there is no "new" CMS list past May of 2012 indicating the new codes requiring ADI accreditation. In calling Cahaba they have not been helpful at all (shocking). I have also called ACR and IAC as well and they can not provide me any information as far as CPT code 78012 and the CMS requires. ADI accreditation refers to "images" however in discussing the actual process for the thyroid uptake there are no "images" only a collection of data which provides the physician the information needed for further treatment. So my confusion is "what will they accredit?" To my understanding images must be submitted to receive accreditation. Does anyone know where I can find a list of CPT codes requiring accreditation or does anyone have personal experience with denials of the 78012 in 2013? Any/all feedback is greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks So Much!

Michelle