Wiki 80307 & G0483 billing on same day with same DX

Zeal

New
Best answers
Hello,
I am new to this pathology and this forum. Can anyone help me on this billing??

I have a multiple questions on billing 80307 & G0483 on the same claim.
1.Can we code CPT 80307 & G0483 on the same claim together for any insurance on the same day for same patient? G0483 need to use only for Medicare insurance??
2. Is it require use different DX to bill these codes together on same claim on same day? or can we use same DX for the both CPTS??
I checked CMS LCD also on these but did not get much help about billing same or different DX with above CPTS to bill them together. The thing noticed is need a medical necessity to bill G0483 after presumptive test.
2. Can we code G0483 irrespective of positive or negative results of Presumptive test(80307)?
3.Here the office collects the sample from the patient, it then goes to lab1, which is in the same building as the office where the patient is treating. They run the initial screen for the initial result. And then it goes for further LCMS testing, which is also in the same building, same lab, etc., to obtain the confirmation. These may not always be done on the same day, but they are always billed by the date that they were collected. So Please advise do we need to bill separately on different dates to make it both payable or is it ok to Just bill these codes with same DX on the same day.
4 .I did not see any edits for these CPTS, and so believe no modifier required for this.

Thanks,
Zeal

Hello Zeal,
To answer your question. Yes, you can bill both codes on the same day, the only thing is using a different dx on each one. For example, on G0483 you can use Z79.899, and use Z91.19 on line item 80307. This is how we code it and it gets paid.

Thank you so much :)! @imchavez.
For auto insurances, is there any way to bill definitive drug testing. say example: 80324- Amphetamines. in our office, they are asking us unbundled, but is it possible to unbundled like CMP panel wherein we can code for the specific test. But in this definitive drug class , I was wondering how we can??? 🤔I would appreciate your assistance in advance in clarifying the billing auto insurance.

Can we bill G0482, G0481 or G0480 WITHOUT the 80307? Currently, my laboratory has told me the cuvettes, which i am taking is the presumptive testing. Therefore, 80307 is not performed but they are wanting to send the urine out for definitive only without the presumptive testing.