Wiki 835 Healthcare Policy Identification Segment

vmounce

Guru
Best answers
I have a claim that denied for not deemed medically necessary, and to refer to 835 Healthcare Policy Identification Segment. I have never seen one of these before. Does anyone know what it means? Doc removed 2 lesions, one on each eyelid. Used 216.1, 11442 LT and 11441 RT.

I appreciate any info...

Vickie Mounce

We have been wondering the same thing. Has anyone else encountered this mysterious denial? Upon researching it looks as though it is the name of a list of denial codes, but I can't seem to find any other information. :confused:

Mysterious denial

" Refer to the 835 REF Segment: Healthcare Policy Identification, if pr"

It seems that the denial explanation its truncated and we don't see the whole explanation. ...... I think that is what they want to say ....not medically necessary???? I thought that you can say that when behind your last name you write M.D. Who determines that?

just got off the phone with medicare about the same denial, rep stated that it was submitted incorrect. if a medicare recipient has disability the claim needs to go through with a 43 code and not 47 code which is a liability code. It may be different in each state so give medicare a call.