Wiki 88323 clarification. Please help!

NDLT22

New
Best answers
I work for a pathologist that receives material from other physicians. Sometimes for interpretation or slide prep. Oftentimes both. I have been running into an issue with 88323. We receive specimen and we prep the slides and read them. The provider insists that we can bill 88323-26 and 88305-tc for a single specimen. But I was under the impression the slide prep is included in the reimbursement for 88323. Can somebody please give some insight on this?

I work for a pathologist that receives material from other physicians. Sometimes for interpretation or slide prep. Oftentimes both. I have been running into an issue with 88323. We receive specimen and we prep the slides and read them. The provider insists that we can bill 88323-26 and 88305-tc for a single specimen. But I was under the impression the slide prep is included in the reimbursement for 88323. Can somebody please give some insight on this?
You are so pathology smart, no you may not bill 88305-TC. This is a complete educational opportunity for you. Our pathologists are so very smart. Possibly not savvy in CPT or ICD assignment. Please be kind and cognizant to make sure their pathology accessions (pathology reports documentation support) billing CPT 88323.
Thanks,
Dana