Wiki 88331 and 88332 with seperate breasts

RobynKing

Networker
Best answers
I am coding for my pathologist who states he has a left breast rescet and a right mastectomy. He is reporting an 88331 for both and an 88332. Now There can only be listed on 88331 per specimen. Does having both breasts mentioned count as a single specimen? Is is ok to code 88331 and 88332 for the left resect and again for the right mastectomy? Thank you for your help. :eek:

If each breast is submitted as a separate specimen, then, yes, you can charge 88331 and 88332 for each.

88331 and 88332 in pathology

Thank yoiu bbooks. I was hoping you would answer. I saw that you code for pathology and I felt relief when I found you. LOL. Sounds crazy hey? I appreciate your timely answer.
Robyn:eek:

Thank you very much for answering my question. That is exactly what I did. I was so happy when I saw you answer as you code Pathologies also. I really appreciate your getting back with me so quickly on this.

Since I started the thread, it was easy for me to spot. FYI, it's usually better to start a new topic if you have an unrelated question. You will actually get more people to notice it then. :) Everyone here has been great. I just started coding 2 years ago (for a group that had never used a professional coder) and really relied on this forum to help me get started!

I have found this forum for my pathologies and loved it. It has been so helpful. I started my pathology coding less than a year ago and every little bit of help is wonderful!

Oh, gosh, sorry for my "FYI..." in my earlier response. I was thinking of a different thread. :eek: