Wiki 92283??

jencox

Contributor
Best answers
I am trying to find the best code for a Visual Evalutation documented as follows: Visual Evaluation was performed. The testing included: Bilateral high contrast, low contrast (with both fixed and variable spatial frequency) as well as color vision testing using pseudoisochromatic plates (H.R.R) and desaturated caps (Lanthony D-15).
Visual Evaluation shows moderate color and mild low contrast visual deficits.

Is 92283 the correct code? There is a desription under 92283 saying HRR is not reported seperately and should be included in the appropriate general or ophthalmological service, or 99172.

This service is done by a neurodiagnostic center not an opthalmologist.

Any help would be great!

I am trying to find the best code for a Visual Evalutation documented as follows: Visual Evaluation was performed. The testing included: Bilateral high contrast, low contrast (with both fixed and variable spatial frequency) as well as color vision testing using pseudoisochromatic plates (H.R.R) and desaturated caps (Lanthony D-15).
Visual Evaluation shows moderate color and mild low contrast visual deficits.

Is 92283 the correct code? There is a desription under 92283 saying HRR is not reported seperately and should be included in the appropriate general or ophthalmological service, or 99172.

This service is done by a neurodiagnostic center not an opthalmologist.

Any help would be great!

Based on this information I would go with 99172 as the most appropriate code.
David E. Keown, CPC, OCS