Wiki 93010 ekg

dikehn

New
Best answers
i would like others input or reference to ekgs being performed on one day and the dr interpretation a day or two later.... do you use the dos for the ekg the date and time it was performed................ or ................. do you change the dos to the date and time that the dr interpreted the report ......... please help thank you

Interesting question, I saw the other feeds and googled it, and found a medicare article dated Feb 1, 2019, that states for interpretation use the date the doctor interpreted the report.

If the provider did not perform a global service and instead performed only one component, the date of service for the technical component would the date the patient received the service and the date of service for the professional component would be the date the review and interpretation is completed.

This is correct also the confirming Doctor is the one who reviewed and interpreted the exam 93010
thank you
Interesting question, I saw the other feeds and googled it, and found a medicare article dated Feb 1, 2019, that states for interpretation use the date the doctor interpreted the report.

If the provider did not perform a global service and instead performed only one component, the date of service for the technical component would the date the patient received the service and the date of service for the professional component would be the date the review and interpretation is completed.
thank you

What if the EKG was done in the physician office one day but read it on another day, does he bill for the 93000 with the day he read it or can he bill two different days one for the technical portion and one for the interpretation.

What if the EKG was done in the physician office one day but read it on another day, does he bill for the 93000 with the day he read it or can he bill two different days one for the technical portion and one for the interpretation.

If you did both technical and professional, you cannot split them and bill on different days. Use the day of the technical service for the global procedure.

i would like others input or reference to ekgs being performed on one day and the dr interpretation a day or two later.... do you use the dos for the ekg the date and time it was performed................ or ................. do you change the dos to the date and time that the dr interpreted the report ......... please help thank you
I was told to bill the date the EKG was done but know I am being told to bill the technical portion one day and the professional charge on the day that they read the EKG. The coding department wants clarification.

I was told to bill the date the EKG was done but know I am being told to bill the technical portion one day and the professional charge on the day that they read the EKG. The coding department wants clarification.

The coding department is wrong. You can never split the code if you did both professional and technical. I said to bill it on the earliest date (technical), because if you go over to a new month, the patient may have had a change of insurance, then you have to go back and adjust the date to the earlier date and bill it again to the old insurance. If you bill it to the new insurance, they could argue that the patient wasn't effective on the date of the service. So use the earlier date.

Medicare states this (emphasis added): Radiology Services: Typically, radiology services have two separate components: a professional and technical component. These services will have a PC/TC indicator of “1” on the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (MPFS) Relative Value File. The technical component is billed on the date the patient had the test performed. When billing a global service, the provider can submit the professional component with a date of service reflecting when the review and interpretation is completed or can submit the date of service as the date the technical component was performed. This will allow ease of processing for both Medicare and the supplemental payers. If the provider did not perform a global service and instead performed only one component, the date of service for the technical component would the date the patient received the service and the date of service for the professional component would be the date the review and interpretation is completed.

Notice they didn't say to bill one part on one day and the rest on the other day.

Here is the Medicare Learning Network Article containing this information (click me).