Wiki 93306/93351

RebeccaWoodward*

True Blue
Best answers
I am very new to cardiology and would like to pick your brain. I have been doing some research on the above CPT codes and found a Q/A on the American Society of Echocardiography. I'm aware that CCI edits bundle these two codes but if the documentation does support two, different clinical issues, does the concept below still apply.

Stress Echo

Question: Can a stress echo (93350, 93351) and TTE be reported on the same date of service by a single physician?

Answer: Transthoracic echocardiography (93303, 93304, 93306, 93307 or 93308) may be reported on the same date of service as a stress echo (93350 or 93351) for a different clinical circumstance. The modifier -59, Distinct Procedural Service, should be appended to the applicable TTE code

Thanks for any input!

I am very new to cardiology and would like to pick your brain. I have been doing some research on the above CPT codes and found a Q/A on the American Society of Echocardiography. I'm aware that CCI edits bundle these two codes but if the documentation does support two, different clinical issues, does the concept below still apply.

Stress Echo

Question: Can a stress echo (93350, 93351) and TTE be reported on the same date of service by a single physician?

Answer: Transthoracic echocardiography (93303, 93304, 93306, 93307 or 93308) may be reported on the same date of service as a stress echo (93350 or 93351) for a different clinical circumstance. The modifier -59, Distinct Procedural Service, should be appended to the applicable TTE code

Thanks for any input!

We have done that plenty of times but I make sure each study has a different dx to support the need and substantiate the -59 modifier.

I have a patient who had a STRECHO done but this one is not like the normal ones. On this example, I had one provider do the TTE interpretation and a different provider do the stress test interpretation. Does anyone know how to code that? We are Provider-Based Billing.