Wiki 93793 regulations

Agilbert3

Networker
Best answers
Is it a requirement to use the 93793 CPT for Coumadin management? Our practice uses 99212 with 85610-QW.

The patients usually have AFIB or DVT, and are there strictly for this test. It is performed, interpreted, and dosage adjusted as needed.

I'm a new coder, and trying to learn how to navigate Novitas for answers...I've come up with nothing though.

Thank you for any help.

93793 Regulations

Hi, we do not routinely code for an E/M visit unless a provider performs a visit. We usually just code the 85610,QW. However, many practices do routinely code the 99212. Moving forward with this code, though, you are not allowed to bill an E/M code with it, as the 93793 reimburses the Provider for the work they do around the PT/INR test result. That result can be from your in office POS testing(85610,QW), an outpt lab, a home draw by the lab, or a home PT/INR done by the patient themselves. What I do not know yet is whether we can bill the G0250 as well as the individual 93793's. I will reply once I have tested that out. Good luck, and welcome to coding and billing!