Wiki 93880

lward

Best answers
Studies are perform duplex carotid scans in the cardiovascular services. The facility bills 93880-TC and physician bills 93880-26. For some reason the physician is not getting reimbursed and wanted me to put this out there. Can the hospital bill for technical and professional without the physician being employed by the facilty?

did you check with the insurance to see if someone else is reading it or if the hospital is billing global? What is the denial?

Studies are perform duplex carotid scans in the cardiovascular services. The facility bills 93880-TC and physician bills 93880-26. For some reason the physician is not getting reimbursed and wanted me to put this out there. Can the hospital bill for technical and professional without the physician being employed by the facilty?

Do you know why it's being denied? My guess would be medical necessity and he needs to see if his clinical indication is covered before he does these (or get an ABN). 93880 has limited clinical indications, especially from Medicare.