Wiki 95 Guidelines HPI

Lassal423

Best answers
I think I know this, but I want to check with my colleagues.

With the 95 E/M guidelines, if you have a Brief HPI, Complete ROS, Complete PFSH - - this equals a Detailed HPI...correct?

I'm getting confused since, on the CMS audit guide, it only has a check-box in the EPF column for a Brief HPI...there is no box for HPI in the Detailed column.

Anyone?

Thanks,
Lora

Last edited:
Unfortunately, no. According to 95 guidelines, 3 out of the 3 components have to be fulfilled for history. With a brief HPI the most you can get is an EPF for this visit.

Hip ?

There are only two HPIs, Brief and Extended and there is no HPI called Detailed.
Naveen Rachagolla,
Client Configurationn Policy Analyst.

I think I know this, but I want to check with my colleagues.

With the 95 E/M guidelines, if you have a Brief HPI, Complete ROS, Complete PFSH - - this equals a Detailed HPI...correct?

I'm getting confused since, on the CMS audit guide, it only has a check-box in the EPF column for a Brief HPI...there is no box for HPI in the Detailed column.

Anyone?

Thanks,
Lora

Brief HPI is used for Problem Focused and Expanded Problem Focused history, Extended HPI is used for Detailed and Comprehensive history. The other two components will give you the remainder (i.e. no ROS or PFSH for PF hx). So, as sullivak stated the most you can get with a brief HPI is EPF.