Wiki 96372

IF the medication was mixed into one syringe, that only bill one unit of 96372 as you did not deliver the injection twice. In looking at the description it references the procedure, of giving the med, not the medication itself. Clinically I would ask why mix the meds, patient comfort( one needle stick) vs protocol. A revenue opportunity if there was nothing to prohibit separating the meds into 2 injections, you might consider giving two injections and bill two units of 96372

I consider the same, I do not understand why the provider loses an opportunity of an extra payment for administration. I thought that some modifier could help report medications. Thank you

I consider the same, I do not understand why the provider loses an opportunity of an extra payment for administration. I thought that some modifier could help report medications. Thank you

One syringe, two medications. You bill for one administration, and you bill for two medications. There is no extra payment lost.

If you have two syringes because you COULD have put the meds into one but did not, then I would say it is unethical and you shouldn't bill two administrations anyway.

Principles matter.