Wiki 99072 New Code

MCogdill

Networker
Best answers
Good afternoon! New code 99072; does anyone know what charting we need to use this code and get paid for it? Thanks in advance

I just spoke with a rep from NGS (NY), they are still looking into this new code to make final determination as to whether they will reimburse this code or not. There is no time frame. Rep advises to refer the NGS regularly as they will post any updates there. I'm not getting any responses back yet from any of our payers in the CNY region. If anyone has any other information, please share.

Trizetto clearing house will not accept cpt code 99072, and stated (supposedly) as of 9/24/2020 their system is updated and corrected for 100% of claim rejection errors of "invalid cpt code". Our practice has a 100% interruption in revenue applicable to all face to face qualifying 99072 claims still rejected at the clearinghouse, and claims have not even made it to the payer(s) yet, as of today. This is a major issue, unknown when FCSO or commercial payers will reimburse new covid codes, I expect they will be auto-processed retroactively similar to the tele-health increase payments due to the PHE delayed processing status. I will post if we receive remittance advice from FL. AMA literature states all new covid codes will retro-date to 03/15/2020, we are planning on resubmitting all qualifying encounters since 3/15/2020 as applicable upon payer approvals. Happy billing!