Wiki "A" Removal Question

oliviawyles

Best answers
Hello all, I am looking for a definitive answer regarding this apprentice status removal question:

Can I get the A removed with the following:

1) 80 hours of coursework (I have a separate certificate to prove this)
2) Practicode from AAPC

Or, do you NEED a letter of recommendation no matter what?

From my understanding when I had my 'A'removed, I had to produce the certificate of an 80 hour course plus 2 references that I had the experience required to remove the 'A'.

Yes, you can submit 80 hours of education, along with completion of Practicode to fully remove the 'A'.

Torry White
AAPC Business Operations

You can get practicode from the Resources Tab under Job Experience/ Apprentice removal. FYI it is pricey, it cost $250 but you can get the modules separately for $100 each if you want to do one module at a time. Also if you do practicode , you do not need a letter from your employer if you have the certificate for the 80 hours, if you decide not to do practicode then you would need just 1 letter verify 1 year of experience along with the 80 hour certificate.

I have also completed a certificate course which was certainly more than 80 hours. But after the cost of taking the CPC exam I cannot afford another $250.00 for the practicode. Why is everything so expensive??