Wiki AAA coding for endovascular prosthesis

com107

Contributor
Best answers
Hi,
I'm really hoping someone can help me with this:
My surgeon states he used a Gore excluder endovascular prosthesis with 3 components. He placed a Gore endoprosthesis 26-14-12 first. Then he states he then advance through the left side sheath a Gore 1810 limb extenstion. He then said the remainder of the graft was deployed and an 1810 Gore iliac limb was then advance into the ipsilaterial limb gate.
Would I be using codes 34802 (for the prosthesis 26-14-12 and when he said the remainer of the graft was deployed) and then 2 extentions using the 34825 x 2, for the 2 Gore 1810 limbs?

Are Extrentions and limbs different? When coding would you charge for the main piece like a 34803 and bill two extentions for the two docking limbs in the descriptor of the 34803?
Do you only bill for extentions when they say there was an extention?

As you can see I'm very confused. :confused:
Your help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks to anyone who can give a hand!

I would say 34803 for the AAA repair using the Gore excluder endoprosthesis, and 34825 for one extention. 34803 already includes 2 docking limbs in it's descriptive. 34825 is placement of an extention prosthesis in the initial vessel, which in this case is the left iliac. Extensions and limbs are not the same. Only bill for extentions when it is documented.
Is anyone else in agreement?
Hope this helps.