Wiki AAPC Billing Course

Best answers
Hi,

I would like to know if anyone has taken the online billing course offered on this website, if so how was it and was the exam at the end hard? Is it an online test or would I have to travel to take an exam? Thanks for your help.

Jean

I took the online course. Some of the units were harder than others but basically you study your book and your CPT manual. You have an end of unit quiz and you also have to post and answer questions about that particular unit in a discussion forum similar to this one. The actual CPC exam you will have to register and travel to the facility giving the exam. I didn't find the class too difficult but I have a lot of experience in coding/billing. I have a friend who tried to take it and she didn't like it. I think its all up to you and how you learn.

Thanks, I am already have taken the coding exam and I am CPC certified. I would like to now expand into the billing to gain even more knowledge.

How do I find out how much I have paid for my medical and billing course and what my balance is?

You can find out how much you paid for any of your AAPC purchases by going under My Account - Purchases/Items. There's a tab for receipts under your Purchases/Items and it will show how much you paid for AAPC purchases.

If you financed your purchase through an outside company and want to know what your total balance remaining is, you'll have to check with whoever you financed your purchase through.