Wiki AAPC Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its funny but they have posted "Coding Challenge answers will be posted daily beginning February 3, 2014 at 10am MST."

Not sure where to let them know that year is incorrect.

Nidhi M., CPC

69990 "Microsurgical techniques, requiring use of operating microscope (List separately in addition to code for primary procedure)" LOUPES IS NOT CONSIDERED AN OPERATING MICROSCOPE.

Coding Challenge #1

Has anyone found the answers? None of the links are bringing me to the answer.

Answers to Day #1 case

In the "Winner Day 1" thread, the admins said they are having trouble getting the answer webcast to load. Sounds like it will be there eventually.

I got 14020 for the excision/flap repair and 17313 for the modified Mohs. Did anyone else get that?

I interpreted the defect as a 9 CM squared which to me means it is 9x9 for 81cm so I code the 14301 and 14302. I did not feel there was sufficient documentation to support a MOHs code. The answer video is now on the website but it does not work with the Apple. If someone gets it to work please let me know the answer!

The correct answer is 14020, 173.72

Yay! I got it correct, but not fast enough to be #1. Bummer!
Good luck on Case #2!

Answer video

Is anyone else having trouble viewing the answer video? I get a black screen with a play button, but when I push it nothing happens. Sure wish they could just upload written answers vs. the video thing!

Yay, I got it wrong 'coz I coded the Moh's. Waiting for the answer to case 2, hope I got it right this time. Good luck fellow coders! This is exciting!

Is anyone else having trouble viewing the answer video? I get a black screen with a play button, but when I push it nothing happens. Sure wish they could just upload written answers vs. the video thing!

I also had trouble viewing it in my Mac, can't turn on the sounds, so tried it on my cp and it worked!

I am still having trouble, if I go to the website off my browser (aapc.com) I still am not seeing case #2, if I go in on my phone I can see it but not my desktop and I have tried multiple browsers......AAPC posted a link so I did get to case #2 but is this going to happen every day? I love the idea, but hate the technical difficulties it seems most of us are having.....

Case 2

I got the 2nd case but no answers. The challenge page is stating the new case(#3) should be posted per the countdown timer. Has anyone been able to retrieve the newest case?:(

I have to agree with Mandy. This is a fantastic idea that I was really looking forward to, but now I think I will drop out, because I can't get the cases or the answers to come up (I did finally get the video to show up but only by using my cell phone, going to facebook and clicking on the link where it announced the winner). The leaderboard also seems to be not working as I can't view the whole thing and it appears as if the same person is in 1st and 10th spots? They could be different people I suppose. It's just very frustrating. Good idea, but just not working appropriately.

The most disappointing is that I have reached out to the AAPC by email and FB, the only response I have received is on FB and it was just a link to the 2nd case. I love the AAPC and have never had any trouble communicating with them in the past. Maybe this is just bigger than they expected???? I am really hoping :(

I got the 2nd case but no answers. The challenge page is stating the new case(#3) should be posted per the countdown timer. Has anyone been able to retrieve the newest case?:(
Timer says 0 but I cannot get case 3 or the answers to yesterday's. I really wanted to participate but I set aside time around this 10am timeframe and when it does not work I have no other available time to get to it.

The answer to Case #2 is 20553, 724.1.
I DISAGREE with the dx code, though.
The diagnosis was "Thoracic myofascial pain", NOT "Thoracic Spine pain".
I am fairly certain myo- means muscle, and fascia is "a thin sheath of fibrous tissue enclosing a muscle or other organ."
None of those definitions says anything about bone/spine.

Either way, another one down... Good luck

The answer to Case #2 is 20553, 724.1.
I DISAGREE with the dx code, though.
The diagnosis was "Thoracic myofascial pain", NOT "Thoracic Spine pain".
I am fairly certain myo- means muscle, and fascia is "a thin sheath of fibrous tissue enclosing a muscle or other organ."
None of those definitions says anything about bone/spine.

Either way, another one down... Good luck

I answered with 729.1 (myofascial pain) and then 724.1 for the location of thoracic pain....Oh well on to the next!

Status
Not open for further replies.