Wiki AAPC CIRCC Prep Manual

EmilyLitella

Networker
Best answers
Has anyone used this manual? If so, did you feel it prepared you for the CIRCC examination? It looks like only a really brief overview. Would you consider it helpful for a beginner to intermediate level? Thanks.

Emily,

I used the 2012 version, so I cannot vouch for the 2013, but yes, I found it helpful. I have been coding IR for almost 15 years, but the guide gave me a better idea of what to expect in the exam and the format. Also, I do not have any experience in cardiovascular coding, and even though the cardiovascular portion of the test is very minimal, the guide was definitely beneficial in that area. I just REALLY did not want to have to take this test a second time :)

Best of luck!

Corinna Bing, CPC, RCC, CIRCC

I too used the 2012 version and found it very helpful. The on-line test was also useful but a lot easier than the actual test. The 2013 bundling of the carotid/cerebral codes definetly will make it less stressful.

Good Luck!
Lorraine Nelson RN CRN CIRCC

Did not help

I felt that the study guide NOT HELP nor the practice exams, it was pratically the same as reading the guidelines. The test is much more complex and you really have to use time management. I brought Dr. Z Health Interventional Radiology Book (pricy but worth it) and he breaks it down on each procedure, which help me understand it. Good luck! :D Just my thoughts!

ive also purchased 2013 and have gone through it, wondering if it'll help. i did make notes all over my cpt book from its information just in case ;) also, I did buy dr z's book, which is fantastic, cant get a better resource then mr ir himself :) and have done the online test. wondering what else I can get/review so I only have to take the exam once. ive looking into coding strategies online courses but wondering if theyre worth it or a waste of time & $ .... when are you taking the exam? good luck!!

CIRCC Prep

I have recently purchased MED LEARN CIRCC EXAM PREP 2013 and its almost like the real test I found it be very very helpful. If I would of purchased this along time ago I would have passed my first time. lol. I would definetly recommend this! Good luck!

link?

Carolina10, do you have a link by chance? For some reason im not finding it for the Medlearn Circc Exam Prep. Thanks!!!!