Wiki AAPC E/M Online Training

sammartin92472

Networker
Best answers
Has anyone done the E/M coding course offered through AAPC and is it beneficial? I am considering taking this mainly for the CEU's but also for the CEMC certification exam. If you have taken the course, did it help you get the CEMC certification?

E/M Online Training

I have signed up for the E/M online training course simply because I want to ensure my E/M knowledge is up to date for codes that are not 99201-99215. My concern is going to be any aspect that pertains to subjective E/M criteria since I audit & educate the 1995 DGs and have already defined certain areas internally. Once the AAPC receives my order (and AAPC Bucks for the change in the Fellow program) and signs me up, I'll be able to start the module and let you know. Otherwise, what I've heard from people who sat for the CEMC is that it is "easier" when one doesn't regularly code E/Ms. I can understand this as regular use of E/M brings with it already-defined criteria, such as, "prescription drug management", MDM always a component, limited versus extended exam in 95, etc.