Wiki aapc website keeps refreshing practice exam

Best answers
Hi

I was taking a practice exam and the website keeps refreshing and I end up losing my spot. This never happened before and other people are complaining on groups.

I tried it on different computers and browsers and it still does it.

Use the Contact Us link at the Bottom of the main AAPC page to get in touch with AAPC about this issue and hopefully they'll be able to help you.

EDIT: Support page didn't go where I thought it would.

Hi

I was taking a practice exam and the website keeps refreshing and I end up losing my spot. This never happened before and other people are complaining on groups.

I tried it on different computers and browsers and it still does it.
I had this problem last week as well. Literally the week I was scheduled to take my final exam of all times too! I called Tech Support and they made a ticket regarding this, but I haven't gotten any feedback. I tried going in multiple times last week but couldn't get anywhere. Luckily, I passed my final exam, so I haven't had to go back into those. Good luck! I hope they get it resolved for you!!

I had this problem last week as well. Literally the week I was scheduled to take my final exam of all times too! I called Tech Support and they made a ticket regarding this, but I haven't gotten any feedback. I tried going in multiple times last week but couldn't get anywhere. Luckily, I passed my final exam, so I haven't had to go back into those. Good luck! I hope they get it resolved for you!!

Thank you! i emailed them and they said nobody reported it but when i posted about it on facebook other people was having the same issue. Its just annoying trying to take practice exams and having to write down my answers and restarting again.

Hi

I tried it on different computers and browsers and it still does it
Hello,

I used to work tech support.

Make sure your computer is directly connected to the router (cable from your PC to router)?
Close down all other unnecessary applications.

I do not recommend using WIFI when taking exams since there are intermittent lapses. A few seconds of an intermittent lapse is not an issue when streaming a video because it has a buffering system so it is often unnoticeable. However, when you are taking an exam or working from home it can be an issue. This is why remote jobs say they want you directly connected to the router.

If you are directly connected and there are no unnecessary apps open, is there anyone in your household using bandwidth intensive applications on the internet while you are trying to test or work? Video games and streaming video after video and movies are usually the culprit. When their loved one puts it on pause to go to the bathroom or get something to eat, some of my coworkers would notice a refresh and things start working fine for a while until the bathroom break is over or the sandwich has been eaten.

Hello,

I used to work tech support.

Make sure your computer is directly connected to the router (cable from your PC to router)?
Close down all other unnecessary applications.

I do not recommend using WIFI when taking exams since there are intermittent lapses. A few seconds of an intermittent lapse is not an issue when streaming a video because it has a buffering system so it is often unnoticeable. However, when you are taking an exam or working from home it can be an issue. This is why remote jobs say they want you directly connected to the router.

If you are directly connected and there are no unnecessary apps open, is there anyone in your household using bandwidth intensive applications on the internet while you are trying to test or work? Video games and streaming video after video and movies are usually the culprit. When their loved one puts it on pause to go to the bathroom or get something to eat, some of my coworkers would notice a refresh and things start working fine for a while until the bathroom break is over or the sandwich has been eaten.

Hi, this is only the practice exams constantly refreshing, I tried it on multiple computers and browsers and even my work computer and it still refreshes. I am on a medical coding group on Facebook and people were complaining of the same issue. This has never happened before, and it just started. I did everything checked wifi tried different browsers clear cookies you name it and its still doing it. I am just annoyed because I am wasting money if I can't practice the exams.

Hi, this is only the practice exams constantly refreshing, I tried it on multiple computers and browsers and even my work computer and it still refreshes. I am on a medical coding group on Facebook and people were complaining of the same issue. This has never happened before, and it just started. I did everything checked wifi tried different browsers clear cookies you name it and its still doing it. I am just annoyed because I am wasting money if I can't practice the exams.
I'm very sorry this is happening to you and the others.

Good job in your troubleshooting - trying a different work computer, different browsers, clearing cookies.
I would contact AAPC customer service like others suggested.
I tried locating a specific technical support number but did not find one.
AAPC is AI-chat enabled if you want to reach out that way first.

You did not state what practice exam you and the others in your FB group are having issues with.
Are you all working on the same practice exam - for example, CPC or different ones?
Are you getting any error messages in addition to it refreshing?
From what you make it sound like it could possibly be a browser/plugin issue but you did say you tried different browsers. Switching from Chrome to Edge or vice versa occasionally helps, but if you already did that....
This info can pinpoint the problem quicker for tech support.

I hope this is rectified soon for all of you.

I'm very sorry this is happening to you and the others.

Good job in your troubleshooting - trying a different work computer, different browsers, clearing cookies.
I would contact AAPC customer service like others suggested.
I tried locating a specific technical support number but did not find one.
AAPC is AI-chat enabled if you want to reach out that way first.

You did not state what practice exam you and the others in your FB group are having issues with.
Are you all working on the same practice exam - for example, CPC or different ones?
Are you getting any error messages in addition to it refreshing?
From what you make it sound like it could possibly be a browser/plugin issue but you did say you tried different browsers. Switching from Chrome to Edge or vice versa occasionally helps, but if you already did that....
This info can pinpoint the problem quicker for tech support.

I hope this is rectified soon for all of you.

Thank you for helping

Its the cpc and coc practice exams and i told the fb groups to reach out to aapc as well. I will email them again and see what they say.