Wiki AARP Medicare Supplamental Plan F and pre-existing condition denial

Best answers
I recently received a denied claim from AARP (Medicare supplamental plan F), DOS 03/15/18, for pre-existing condition. According to our records the patient had this AARP plan since 2005, followed by our office since 2013, and claims were paid by AARP (same Plan F). I called and spoke to a representative who stated the patient's coverage lapsed in 2017 but was reinstated in March 2018, however, there is now a pre-existing clause attached to this policy because of the lapse in coverage. I voiced my opinion stating the policy is terrible and bad business and that the patient was a previous member for many years, etc. The representative stated the lapse was longer than 6 months and now the patient has a pre-existing condition clause, denial stands. Is there anything I can do to appeal this or just accept the fact that this is the policy, bill the patient and be done with it?

There is always an appeal right but if that is the terms of the supplement plan patient purchased, I don't see it going anywhere.