Wiki Abrasion chrondroplasty

nabernhardt

Best answers
I understand there must be certain documentation to be able to code out for an abrasion chrondroplasty. I have a couple of different ones where I am not sure whether I should/should not code as an abrasion chondroplasty. Would someone mind reviewing and giving me a second opinion please? thanks

1.there was significant grade 3 disease throughout the weightbearing
portion of the medial femoral condyle. This was all débrided with an abrasion chondroplasty with a straight and curved 4.5 shaver.

2. The medial compartment clearly had grade 3 disease, but there was no bare bone showing. An abrasion chondroplasty converting flaking, diseased, delaminating cartilage was completed.

I understand there must be certain documentation to be able to code out for an abrasion chrondroplasty. I have a couple of different ones where I am not sure whether I should/should not code as an abrasion chondroplasty. Would someone mind reviewing and giving me a second opinion please? thanks

1.there was significant grade 3 disease throughout the weightbearing
portion of the medial femoral condyle. This was all débrided with an abrasion chondroplasty with a straight and curved 4.5 shaver.

2. The medial compartment clearly had grade 3 disease, but there was no bare bone showing. An abrasion chondroplasty converting flaking, diseased, delaminating cartilage was completed.

Look at 29877 - usually if there is a microfracture down to bleeding bone documented I use 29879