Wiki Active forums-where can I find answers? Not pleased with this forum

twdevore

Networker
Best answers
This seems to be one of the least helpful forums that I've ever encountered. Are there any where questions get answered? Perhaps my questions/posts are only something that I experience? I search the posts and so many are just questions with no responses. There is so much experience in this group. I expected more help.

Please advise as to where you are finding help.
Thanks.

I think everyone that access this forum tries to be as helpful as they can be. However what I notice a lot is that the questions are too vague and they cannot be answered, or there is too much missing information. when you post a question you need as much information as possible. Sometimes I know I just do not have the time to continually try to pull information out of someone to try to get to the issue, so I don't. also I have notice that sometimes whole entire operative notes are posted and the poster just says code this note. well no I don't think any of us are will to put the time in to do that when that is the job of the one that posted it. You need to do the work first, make the attempt, tell us what your answers are and where exactly you are stuck, what you do not understand. Just my observations of the ones that go unanswered.

I went back to look at the questions you are asking the forum.

Many of them, particularly with regards to E&M, Home Health Certification, or passing exams have been discussed hundreds of times on this board. Before posting a question, please take the time to perform a search of the forum to see if the question has been asked and answered in the recent past. Given the topic of most of your questions, it most definitely has, and that's why some of the senior members of this forum are just not going to use their time answering questions that have already been discussed at length. Research is a major component of a coder's day, and we'd expect you to post a question as the last resort. This is not a social network as much as it is a resource for getting information or advice on challenging coding issues, so if you're looking for a personal support system, this probably isn't the place. There is an AAPC Facebook page that is used for that purpose.

Since you're fairly new to the forum, please take the time to read the forum rules--those are very helpful as well. Make sure your post title is clear, and that you have included enough information to get your point across. Also, makes sure that you have posted your query in the appropriate area. Hopefully, the next time you have a difficult question, you'll be able to get your answer.

I went back to look at the questions you are asking the forum.

Many of them, particularly with regards to E&M, Home Health Certification, or passing exams have been discussed hundreds of times on this board. Before posting a question, please take the time to perform a search of the forum to see if the question has been asked and answered in the recent past. Given the topic of most of your questions, it most definitely has, and that's why some of the senior members of this forum are just not going to use their time answering questions that have already been discussed at length. Research is a major component of a coder's day, and we'd expect you to post a question as the last resort. This is not a social network as much as it is a resource for getting information or advice on challenging coding issues, so if you're looking for a personal support system, this probably isn't the place. There is an AAPC Facebook page that is used for that purpose.

Since you're fairly new to the forum, please take the time to read the forum rules--those are very helpful as well. Make sure your post title is clear, and that you have included enough information to get your point across. Also, makes sure that you have posted your query in the appropriate area. Hopefully, the next time you have a difficult question, you'll be able to get your answer.

Well, prior to posting I search the forum, I read the questions and rarely are there any answers. I've not found any of my questions "discussed at length" or "hundreds or times" and I always Google search prior to asking a question. I will always search for the answer myself. I have found this forum to contain a lot of questions and very few answers. I think it may be in the "owner's" best interest to encourage participation as this is supposed to be a knowledge forum. I may be new to the forum but have been an AAPC member for quite some time. I can count on one hand the number of times that I've found answers to my questions here. Thanks for your opinion.

I agree

I think there are a lot of unanswered questions as well and it IS frustrating, especially for those of us that don't have another coder handy to ask for help or their opinions. I have gotten so that if I post on here and never get an answer to my question, I come back later and update my own questions with how I handled the question I asked about...so at least if someone comes across it later, they have a place to start. :( It is disappointing. I think there is a lot of knowledge out there and sometimes we just need a different perspective to help to see things for ourselves.

Going to keep this short and sweet and I hope I don't sound brusque or brash. It's not my intent.

However:
To code you need to do research. Break down the report the provider gave and find out how to accurately and effectively transcribe what was performed into the appropriate CPT code and send to the insurance company.

Research, as mentioned, is required.

I can see where the other two posts comment about on research, as I see 'tied' forum posts on a similar discussion.

However if there is no similar post with the concern addressed, I wonder if it is possible to both put in the body of the post "Unable to find similar post in forum" or something similar so that way the answer can be added to the knowledge resource this forum is?

Thanks