Wiki add on stereotactic computer assisted procedure

MA081561

Best answers
My question is where can we use the add on codes 61781, 61782, 61783?
Is is only with the section 61720-61791? or we can use these add on codes with any craniotomy procedure and or spine procedures?
Please advise
Thanks
Mona Saad
AAPC member

I realize this is an old question, but hopefully this helps (and if you have more info than I do, please share!). I posted this on another thread:

I have not been able to find a CMS or MAC article (I've checked IOMs, LCDs, NCDs, even just google) stating which primary codes can be used. Medicare denies this code A LOT, even when following CPT guidelines regarding qualifying codes.
I spoke with Medicare just this morning so they could point me in the right direction and they didn't even have an answer- they instructed me to file a FOIA request in order to get my answer. If I get a resolution in a reasonable timeframe, I will respond again and post the answer. It may be good to file your own request for the same issue as well. This applies to CPTs 61781-61783.

My question is where can we use the add on codes 61781, 61782, 61783?
Is is only with the section 61720-61791? or we can use these add on codes with any craniotomy procedure and or spine procedures?
Please advise
Thanks
Mona Saad
AAPC member
Theses codes can be used when documented appropriately. If you email me JChiltonCPC@outlook.com I will send you the documentation guidelines and a mock appeal letter from AANS. Hope this helps

Hello,
I was looking for some help with this question regarding 61783. Are you still able to assist me with this? I am unable to get any clarification from CMS LCDs.

Attachments

• 1702741945609.png
    1702741945609.png
    57.6 KB · Views: 4