• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We're introducing new features and a new look to make the forums easier to use and more valuable to you. See what's new and let us know what you think!

Addiction Services Billing

Best answers
We are looking for some coding guidance for addiction services in Kentucky. If an MD is providing services of H0038 or 90832, Kentucky MCO's are denying as non covered. Wouldn't an MD be allowed to provide the behavioral health services?

We also have E&M levels (med checks) denying as bundled because of individual therapy and/or case management. Should we bill E&M with Z79.891 as diagnosis to unbundle?

How does a group becoming a BHSO affect billing?

Thanks for any help!