• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten the password it can be reset on our sign in section by entering your registered Email Address or Username here. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..

Adjustment of Humeral rod positions

Messages
240
Location
Reno, NV
"The Elbow was prepped and draped in usual sterile fashion and then the threaded-tipped rods were manipulated from where they had been prominent through the superior aspect of the proximal humerus. The wires were backed out under fluoroscopic guidance until the tips were flushed with thesuperior aspect fo the greater tuberosity. The pins were then re-bent and re-cut to avoid prominence. The wounds were then cleaned, dried and dressed . "

Would it be coded as 20680 and 24498? No osteotomies were performed so 24410 can not be used.

Any ideas?

Thank you inadvance! I'm totally stumped on this one. :confused:
 
Last edited:
I mis-typed,should have been 20680. I am not sure of the original code. The surgery must have been done elsewhere. 24410 is the closest I see, but there were no osteotomies performed. What about and unlisted code, comparing to 24410?
 
Top