Wiki Advanced MD

chrissyfegan

Best answers
Any feedback on Advanced MD, specifically for Practice Management? We are looking closely at switching to this. From our demos it looks like it will work well for us, but I haven't heard much about it "in the field."

Thanks,

Chrissy Fegan

I do billing for a number of doctors. My billing company (NEXSYIS) has written and developed their software. It is a better product than AdvancedMD, costs less, and they have medical records as well. They also have a financial component to their software (does accounting and payroll as well as financial statements, all in one system). I think it would be well worth your time to look at their system. Their number is 888-222-7008.

I have also worked on Advanced MD, and I know it well.

We have been using Advanced MD for our Dermatology practice for 1 year and while it is better then our older system it is very confusing. You have to open a batch every day and if you need to balance out your day you need to reopen the batch of the person that made the error or it shows up on your batch. It just makes balances the end of the day very difficult.

AdvancedMd

We started a month ago and I'm curious to hear feedback from someone who has used it longer. pros vs. cons

We have used AdvancedMD for several years for our OB/GYN Office. I agree with debneas. There are "quirks" are confusing. "Quirks" such as having to go into other people's batches to fix things and then that batch shows as you've done everything in that batch or not being able to get claims past the editor at times for things that are NOT an issue.
They were using the system before I began working here, so I wasn't trained by an AMD person. Not sure if that is part of the problem, but it takes a LOT of steps to do things like update CPT & ICD9 codes. I'm sure they have something worked out for ICD10.
We use AMD and Digichart for our EHR. I have a lot more to tell you if this what you would be starting.
All in all, it's not the best system I've used but by far better than some.