Wiki Alleged sexual assault

You cannot code alleged, was it investigated by the physician and no evidence found? if so then look under category V71 (which are first-listed only). Otherwise code the symptoms.

There are no symptoms and no exam was done. This is on a child. Do you think it's appropriate to use V71.81? However, Category V71 is Observation and evaluation for suspected conditions not found.

Well that is what we use when a victom states there was sexual assual but the physician finds no evidence of assault, but that is after an examination. So did a parent bring the child in alleging sexual assault? If so why no exam?

Then there is no way say wheter there was an assault or not, I do not see how a visit can be charged if there was no exam to report.

I do not think it fits if there is no exam, that code says observation and evaluation of a suspected condition NOT found. So it would imply then that there was no evidence of assault not that there had been no exam. So I do not think it should be used.

The CC in this section states the following though

The fact that the patient may be scheduled for continuing observation in the office/clinic setting following discharge does not limit the use of this category.