Wiki Allergy Testing and Immunotherapy ???

AKAJBART

Networker
Best answers
We bill allergy testing with code 95024 for the initial testing, and it's usually for 60 different antigens. However, Insurance carrier's don't like to pay for it. I'm wondering after reviewing other Posts, if we should in fact be billing 95004 instead. Can someone please explain the difference in these 2 codes to me. Intracutaneous (intradermal) is beneath the skin, just as a puncture or prick would be. Is the administering device different?

Also, when a reaction is found and the Allergy serum is ordered...... does anyone bill for the entire vial of serum up front and then just charge the 95115/95117 administration fee when the patient comes in weekly? If yes, what code and unit/fee do you use? We use 95165 for the serum x the units in the vial(s). Is this correct?

I'd appreciate any help that I can get with this.

Thanks so much!

We do allergy testing in our office as well. We bill 95004, as the testing we do is the percutaneous or "scratch" testing. 95024, is intradermal where the skin is actually injected. The difference being a syringe vs. a testing device.

Hope that helps!