Wiki Allergy Testing-Can somebody help

cstant01

New
Best answers
Can somebody help me with this? This is for allergy testing which is new to me. Not sure if provider is billing the correct # of units for 95027. My provider is billing for 42 units of 95027. Here's the documentation- Pt here for 2nd half of Spring testing. Pt tested positive to all antigens. Walnut, Pine, Hickory, Red Cedar, Sour Dock #4's English Plantain, Timothy Grass, Johnson Grass #5's. Treatment doses planted. All wheals negative after 10 minutes. Pt given 0.05cc of Histamine #7 sl post testing.

How many units are documented in this note?

Can somebody help me with this? This is for allergy testing which is new to me. Not sure if provider is billing the correct # of units for 95027. My provider is billing for 42 units of 95027. Here's the documentation- Pt here for 2nd half of Spring testing. Pt tested positive to all antigens. Walnut, Pine, Hickory, Red Cedar, Sour Dock #4's English Plantain, Timothy Grass, Johnson Grass #5's. Treatment doses planted. All wheals negative after 10 minutes. Pt given 0.05cc of Histamine #7 sl post testing.

How many units are documented in this note?

When I read the description of the code in CPT it just says "specify number of tests". So query your provider on how this testing works. I don't know if this is correctly documented, maybe that is how many tests are in the "2nd half of Spring testing". You need more information.