Wiki Already planning for 2023

Does anybody know what the price it is for officers to attend the conference and what location Nashville Healthcon 2023 will be held?

It will be at the Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center. (BTW, I've been there before - it's gorgeous and a really unique place to stay.)

To my knowledge, the conference pricing hasn't been announced yet.

If you're interested, here's the AAPC promo video for Nashville 2023. It does show some views of the hotel too.

It will be at the Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center. (BTW, I've been there before - it's gorgeous and a really unique place to stay.)

To my knowledge, the conference pricing hasn't been announced yet.
Can you confirm the dates? I saw above May 21st to 24th, but since that was a Sunday to Wednesday I wasn't sure. Trying to get it on the calendar at work - been wanting to attend a conference for years and with it going to basically be in my backyard next year it seems like next year might be my year!

Also, I know pricing hasn't been announced, but can someone give me an idea of how much it tends to be just to attend - not including the hotel stay?

Last edited:
Can you confirm the dates? I saw above May 21st to 24th, but since that was a Sunday to Wednesday I wasn't sure. Trying to get it on the calendar at work - been wanting to attend a conference for years and with it going to basically be in my backyard next year it seems like next year might be my year!

Also, I know pricing hasn't been announced, but can someone give me an idea of how much it tends to be just to attend - not including the hotel stay?

I think it usually is Sunday-Wednesday. This year it was March 27-30, which was a Sunday-Wednesday.

2022 pricing was $995 for the conference. There's usually an early bird discount if you register early - last year, it was $100 off, so $895 for the conference. (I searched my old emails to confirm what the pricing was.) I don't know what the 2023 pricing is, but it will probably be similar.

The May 21-24 appears to be correct for 2023, according to the Healthcon website. https://www.healthcon.com/ (Under the "what if I want to attend Healthcon in-person" section on the FAQ)

I think it usually is Sunday-Wednesday. This year it was March 27-30, which was a Sunday-Wednesday.

2022 pricing was $995 for the conference. There's usually an early bird discount if you register early - last year, it was $100 off, so $895 for the conference. (I searched my old emails to confirm what the pricing was.) I don't know what the 2023 pricing is, but it will probably be similar.

The May 21-24 appears to be correct for 2023, according to the Healthcon website. https://www.healthcon.com/ (Under the "what if I want to attend Healthcon in-person" section on the FAQ)
Thanks so much!

@sls314

I had started a new thread with my questions but nobody has responded so I hope you don't mind me asking you.

1. how necessary is it to stay on site? I was pricing rooms and the cost of the rooms almost make the conference out of my budget.

2. Are any meals included or do we have to provide all of our own meals? This obviously impacts the overall cost.

3. I have mobility issues - can walk shorter distances with a walker but for longer distances would need to rent a mobility scooter. Would it be recommended to have the scooter over the walker?

I am so excited to finally be able to attend but want to make sure I am budgeting for everything necessary so I don't come up short. I know pricing on things like food and rooms will change between now and then but if I can get a good general idea of cost and then add an additional amount for padding I should be fine.

Thanks for answering a newbies questions.

@sls314

I had started a new thread with my questions but nobody has responded so I hope you don't mind me asking you.

1. how necessary is it to stay on site? I was pricing rooms and the cost of the rooms almost make the conference out of my budget.

2. Are any meals included or do we have to provide all of our own meals? This obviously impacts the overall cost.

3. I have mobility issues - can walk shorter distances with a walker but for longer distances would need to rent a mobility scooter. Would it be recommended to have the scooter over the walker?

I am so excited to finally be able to attend but want to make sure I am budgeting for everything necessary so I don't come up short. I know pricing on things like food and rooms will change between now and then but if I can get a good general idea of cost and then add an additional amount for padding I should be fine.

The schedule details for the 2023 conference aren't posted yet to my knowledge.
1. I don't think it's necessary to stay on site if you live local. IF you like to network or socialize before/after actual presentations, just arrive early and/or stay late. No one is going to know where you went to sleep.
2. Details not posted, but for 2022, it states meals during the conference hours are included. To me, that would be lunch only.
3. I would suggest reaching out to AAPC directly as well as the conference location to find out what their exact accessibility is. If you are driving, I would inquire whether there is valet parking and the cost, or what their handicapped parking situation is. It also depends on what you call "shorter distances."
Everyone has their own opinions, but my personal 2 cents is that in general, 80% of conferences are not worth the cost, especially if it's coming out of my own pocket. I would only attend if the schedule had a lot of very relevant presentations that were exactly what I was looking for. I would also suggest speaking with other members of your local chapter to find out their plans.

@sls314

I attended a National Conference at Disney one year and I definitely would recommend a scooter for a few reasons that are not obvious.
1. Call the hotel and ask the distance from the disabled parking to conference rooms. Also, ask for recommendations for electric scooters.
2. If you are staying at the hotel, ask if the rooms are large enough to park your scooter in the room without tripping over it.
3. If you are staying off site, which can be more affordable but a logical nightmare finding disabled parking every morning and picking up your scooter, ask the scooter rental place will you need to make separate reservations for each day so they drop off in the morning and pickup each evening.
4. A scooter will give you the strength to last throughout the day and attend any impromptu dinners or gathering of new friends after the sessions.
5. It is a very long day and you are moving every hour, approximately. Keep in mind that you will be adding additional walking to the day, every time you take a bio break.
6. This event is usually physically huge and there are a large number of energetic people who are talking and walking and are not looking for people with walkers or canes. I can't tell you how many people walked into my scooter!!
7. A scooter will allow you to bring a modest sized backpack for water bottles, snacks, books etc. and place it on the floor board between your feet.
8. Literally, there were dozens of people in tears because they should have rented the scooter in advance, thought they could do it when they arrived but there were none to rent!

This all sounds complicated but it is so worth it. You will be comfortable, relaxed and able to focus on the education, making new friends, networking and getting the most from this experience.