Wiki Am I unbundling or billing this correctly

JesseL

Expert
Best answers
For the note below, I want to bill:\
99213-24-25 for skin infection and keloid
17360-58 for chemical peel treatment for acne.

I have these modifiers because the patient previously did a chemical peel (17360) and this visit is within the 10 day global so I'm using modifier 58 because this is a related procedure. I don't think I can bill 11901 for the keloid injections because the peel was in the same area, is this correct?

Help appreciated on this.

Exam:
1. Acne, conglobata
Mostly inflammatory papules, plaques of inflammatory and erythematous papules located on forehead,
left cheek, left neck, bilateral jaw, right cheek and right neck
Medical Decision Making: Acne, conglobata , observe, acne skin care advice given verbally and in
written form
POC: Recommendation is Jessner's peel applied over plaques - cooled with ice mask. Recommended pt
continue sun protection. Continue minocycline 100 mg daily. f/u in 2 weeks
2. Keloid scar
Multiple thickened inflamed and erythematous scars ~9 regions located on left neck, bilateral temples,
forehead, bilateral cheeks, bilateral jaw and right neck
Medical Decision Making: Keloid scar , observe
POC: Recommendation is ILK2mg/cc x 2cc injected into plaques on temples and forehead. ILK5mg/cc
injected into plaques on jaws, cheeks, and neck. Total 9 regions injected.
3. Skin infection
Crusted with multiple pustules located on left cheek, bilateral jaw and right cheek
Medical Decision Making: Skin infection , observe, problem improved
POC: Recommendation is Continue to take minocycline 100 mg daily. May d/c desonate gel.

i am not for sure on this one, but i believe you can bill the injection. do you think you will get payment with the modifier 58? i have a similar situation with local skin infection and cysts. please let me know how this turns out.....