Wiki ambulatory surgical center codes

Best answers
My doctor that has 5 physician offices has just got credentialed to open a new ambulatory surgical center so we need guided in the direction to find the correct cpt coding for the surgical center side?

Thanks
maryann

What type of procedures will be done at this ASC? You would code from the Operative note the doctors will dictate for the specific proc and the coding will be come from the cpt book. I bill for ASC in Southern NJ.

ASC Coding/billing

I was just hired to bill for an ASC facility for Ears,Nose,&throat doctors. They go by groupers for payment. I was told that billing this way does not require modifier 51?? Is ASC billing different? We go by the surgical op-report to code. Been there 2 days but not getting the whole education yet. Looking for education.:confused: some of the codes Ive seen are 30520,31276,30140,31255,31267,31288...all on the same op-report. Would I put these on the ASC billing with the same modifiers as the physicians service.

Hi,

ASC is a free standing facility where we can use many codes from all surgery sections (based on the Specialty of the surgeon). We don't use modifier 51 in ASC.

Cancelled / Aborted / Incomplete / Discontinued services need to be used with modifier 73 / 74

We can bill for implants using HCPCS codes if the implants were purchased by the Surgeon / Facility.

Thanks,
Vernon Kreiss